Donor Advised Fund
The Donor Advised Fund Program at the Jewish Federation has been helping donors simplify their giving since 1971. Our Donor Advised Fund Program offers you an easy way to better manage and organize your philanthropy.
A Donor Advised Fund is a charitable giving account that allows you to recommend grants to qualified charitable organizations of your choice, take advantage of the highest charitable tax deduction available, and make your charitable giving simple, effective and satisfying.
Watch the Video Below to Learn More About Donor Advised Funds
Establishing a Donor Advised Fund
Start your fund with a $1,000 minimum contribution to the Jewish Federation of cash, appreciated stock or other assets.
How to Establish a Donor Advised Fund
Opening a Donor Advised Fund at the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago is easy. Just follow the below directions or contact us for further information.
- Download a copy of the Donor Advised Fund agreement and a copy of our Policies and Procedures of Donor Advised Funds . You can also have this information mailed or faxed to you by calling (312) 357-4853. Return the completed form to the Jewish Federation by mail or fax:
The Philanthropic Funds Committee
Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
Ben Gurion Way
30 S. Wells Street
Chicago, IL 60606
Fax: (312) 855-3284
- Once we receive your agreement and gift, you will receive confirmation from the Jewish Federation and further information about how to begin using your Donor Advised Fund.
For more information about setting up a Donor Advised Fund at the Jewish Federation, please contact us at (312) 357-4853 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate tax deduction regardless of when distributions are made
- Simplified record keeping and paperwork for easy tax preparation.
- Your fund assets grow tax free.
For more information call us at (312) 357-4853 or email us at email@example.com.
The Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago does not provide legal advice. Donors are encouraged to consult their independent tax and legal counsel.